The onset of the coronavirus in a short time has forced the whole world to make fundamental changes that will have long-term effects. Regardless of the category of people’s health-related to the field of medicine, many aspects of people’s lives, such as various industries and occupations, have experienced losses due to the coronavirus outbreak. One of these areas is the tourism industry. It is pretty unclear how he will cope with these changes.
Most of Iran’s border crossings have been closed since March 2020 after the COVID-19 in Iran outbreak was confirmed. Land borders are still closed to travellers, but air borders are only open to Iranians holding residence, study, and work visas from another country.
With the resumption of international flights of some foreign companies in Iran, there were speculations to reopen the borders.
Still, so far, no changes have been made to the rules of international travel and reception of tourists. On the other hand, the Deputy Minister of Tourism announced that, according to the National Corona Headquarters, Iranian tourist visas would not be issued. Also, tourist and pilgrimage visa options have been disabled in the Iranian electronic visa system until the conditions become normal.
Conditions are also specified for travellers who intend to enter Iran for reasons other than tourism. The main one is having a health certificate in English and a COVID-19 (PCR) test 96 hours before Iran’s trip.
This Coronavirus travel guide to Iran will give you information about new travel regulations in Iran. So, if you are planning to travel to Iran and want to know more about the Coronavirus travel guide to Iran, join Iran tourism and stay tuned with this article.
According to Iran’s new tourism rules, given the prevalence of COVID-19 disease in many parts of the world and the World Health Organization’s recommendations to avoid unnecessary travel; it informs that the tourist and pilgrimage visa options have been deactivated from the visa list of the electronic visa system until the conditions of corona outbreak normalize.
After the situation normalizes, the mentioned options will be reactivated and notified to the applicants during an announcement.
As Iran Travel Guide Center mentioned above, a health certificate and COVID-19 (PCR) test is required for other travellers entering Iran 96 hours before Iran’s trip.
These regulations apply to all Iran’s land, air, and sea borders, and travellers must present a health certificate in English upon arrival in Iran and be approved by the competent health authorities in the country of origin.
The next section fully explains the admission rules for travellers entering Iran. Stay tuned with this Coronavirus travel guide to Iran.
Admission Rules for Travelers Entering Iran (Safety Advice for Travel to Iran)
- It is necessary to complete the self-declaration form and commitment letter before the flight passengers and deliver it to the relevant authorities.
- All passengers on incoming international flights must have a valid health certificate and a negative COVID-19 test result from the country of origin, which must have been issued in English up to 96 hours before the flight.
- All passengers will be screened upon arrival. If passengers with Iranian citizenship are suspected, they are obliged to quarantine for 14 days and complete the commitment form. If travellers with non-Iranian citizenship are questioned, they will be transferred to accommodation designated by the Ministry of Health and must stay in quarantine for 14 days. Of course, the traveller bears all accommodation, medical, and testing costs.
- Iranian citizens who do not have a corona test and a health certificate are transferred to places designated by the Ministry of Health and must stay for 14 days in quarantine conditions. In the case of non-presentation of the health certificate and corona test, passengers with non-Iranian citizenship will be prevented from entering. They will be returned to their country of origin. Of course, the traveller bears all accommodation, medical, and testing costs.
- It is necessary to observe social distancing with others and use a mask during the entire journey from the airport to boarding the plane.
I hope this article was useful to you. Now that it has been decided that air travel will resume work, the main condition for achieving this is the observance of health protocols and special regulations. However, it seems challenging to comply with the requirements stated in this article. But remember that following all of these will help keep you healthy.
Useful Link: Iran travel restrictions during COVID 2022